Since I first started travelling, I have found myself in a better place. I’m not talking about a certain location but personal position. It has developed me and several human-beings out there, as I suppose.
I can’t tell how much I enjoyed first time having a road-trip. I was singing songs being played on radio and putting my hand outside to feel the wind. Or my first time taking a plane alone when I was 15 to China to visit my mother. No matter my fear of flying, it was excitement to see a place for the first time. And till I became a solo traveller heading myself to South of Spain, backpacking in South East Asia and the most recent trip was hitchhiking in Europe, I learned something new about the world and a little bit more about myself.
Here are 10 values of travel as I have found during my travel:
- Your ability is much bigger than you have known so far
- Never enough when it comes to learning something new because everyday has something new to learn
- Culture differences are what open our eyes to the world
- Adaptation is a crucial step when you arrive in a new country
- Socialising wouldn’t hurt
- People are interesting and you might able to learn something out of them (even if they are not interesting at all)
- Be spontaneous and no hesitation
- Travelling alone but you are never alone
- Moments are priceless
- Finding yourself when you’re most lost